Backed by extensive legal and investigative experience, Speer Associates helps employers resolve questions of possible misconduct through the following services:
Speer Associates has conducted expert internal investigations since 1996 and has built a strong reputation for examining a wide variety of misconduct affecting all levels of an organization. We conduct investigations to achieve accuracy, objectivity, and clarity, and to promptly send you on the way towards constructive problem-solving. Investigations conducted by us:
- Take into full consideration all relevant legal and factual issues
- Are expertly documented to produce a sound evidentiary record for use in any later disciplinary or legal proceedings, and
- Provide a solid basis from which you can develop effective strategies to resolve a complaint and any underlying misconduct.
Past investigations have examined claims encompassing diverse forms of alleged or suspected misconduct, including harassment; discrimination based on gender, race, and other protected characteristics; retaliation; ethical breaches; abusive management; substance abuse; assaults and other physical improprieties; and sub-standard performance or neglect of duties.
Advice and Counsel
In addition to conducting independent investigations, Speer Associates provides advice and counsel to guide investigations handled by your human resources or other management. We provide hands-on assistance to ensure an accurate, proper, and fair fact-finding. Then, once the facts are in, we help you to address confirmed misconduct and to resolve any underlying employee complaint.
Drawing on our extensive investigative experience, we provide comprehensive training for human resources and employee relations personnel regarding the law and practice of performing successful internal investigations.
Our training helps to ensure that your internal staff possesses the skills needed to conduct an appropriate and effective investigation of suspected or alleged misconduct. Training includes a thorough review of:
- Important legal principles and employer obligations relevant to investigations
- Managing for a successful investigative process
- Interviewing and investigative techniques
- Handling difficult witnesses and avoiding common investigation pitfalls
- Assessing evidence and achieving findings
- Bringing successful closure following an investigation
We customize both the training curriculum and format to meet your specific needs.